Friday, October 16, 2009

Jack Huston Interview on His Part as Royce King in Eclipse




IESB.com gave an interview to Jack Huston who plays Royce King, A.K.A. Rosalie's fiance in Eclipse.


IESB: How did you get involved with The Twilight Saga: Eclipse? What is it like to become a part of that whole phenomenon?






Jack: I literally just got back last Saturday, from filming my last little bits on it. I went in for David Slade, who’s the director, for another part that was written as a 19-year-old freshman who’s blonde-haired and blue-eyed, which I knew I wasn’t. That couldn’t be less like me. But, I went in and took a very different spin on how the character was written, and went a little nuts in the room, and David and I really got along, so he said, “I wanna get you in this movie somewhere.” So, he called me up a couple weeks later and said, “There’s this other part. Would you like to do it?,” and he offered me that.






IESB: So, who are you playing in the film and how does he fit into the story?






Jack: I play this guy called Royce King, who is the fiancé of Rosalie (Nikki Reed), before Rosalie was a vampire. It’s her backstory. It’s in 1933, during the Great Depression, and he’s a wealthy son of a banker. He’s a blue blood who takes a shine to her, but she’s not as nice as she seems and he has his comeuppance.






IESB: When you play darker characters, do you like to keep the mood light on set, in between takes, to off-set that, or do you prefer to stay in character?






Jack: It depends on what the scene is, actually. If it’s a really dark scene, then one tends to go to a bit of a darker place. But, even if you’re playing a dark person, I don’t think you can be dark, all the time. It depends on where you are. If you’re in the middle of doing a scene and you’re in between takes, sometimes you need to keep a bit of a distance, just so that your head space is fresh and not diluted by anything else. Normally, in between scenes, I’m fine.






IESB: When you work on something like that and you see how crazy it’s become for the cast, does that make you hope you never have to deal with that, or is it just part of the job that you have to deal with?






Jack: There’s two sides to that. When these kids first signed on, they probably didn’t expect that, at all. They were doing what they thought was a little movie, and it turned into this huge franchise. The buzz behind it made it one of the biggest franchises ever. I think they were all very surprised by it, but they can all now go off and do any movie they ever wanted, and demand massive paychecks.






The flipside is that, for now, it must be very difficult walking down the street with everyone looking at you and paparazzi follow you. That’s not easy for anyone to deal with. It can’t be easy, and I wouldn’t expect it to be easy, but I guess that’s sometimes the price of fame. With this, no one expected it and it just all came so quickly and suddenly that it must be quite a shock, so I guess I’m sympathetic.






I don’t think I would personally love the idea of being followed, everywhere I go. I don’t want that type of fame. That’s not something I’m looking for. I just want to do some fun, cool work and get really good roles.





[Twi-Source - NewMoonMovie.org]

No comments:

Post a Comment